After nearly 150 years, the landline is nearing the end of the line. In the UK, BT are due to shut down traditional analogue and ISDN telephony by 2025 and the clock is ticking! So, what should businesses be doing to prepare for this change and with a mobile in everyone’s pocket, is there any need for business phones anymore? Is there space still for the likes of PBX systems?
The short answer is “kind of”!
Mobiles are really handy but most businesses need to be able to easily transfer calls between staff members and to provide separate numbers for different departments or staff members. For this, a business phone system is required but Cloudbox’s Hosted VOIP phone system does all that but also much more – and you don’t even need a business phone on your desk!
- Incoming calls can ring and calls can be transferred anywhere you like between multiple offices or remote workers
- Greater flexibility to grow with no limits on the number of phones, numbers or lines
- Powerful functionality such as call recording, conferencing and call reporting without investing in expensive hardware
- Free calls between offices and far lower costs than traditional telcos for all other calls
- No need for a physical handset – unless you want one! The system has an iPhone and Android app together with a web-browser so you can take your business phone with you on your mobile, laptop or PC. But don’t worry if you like having a business phone on your desk – we have a wide variety of physical phones which are cost effective and super easy to use
Best of all, a Hosted PBX from Cloudbox is far less expensive than a traditional telephone system, with very low capital costs and a low monthly rental.